2014 Bob White Quail Hunt:
The Covert Ranch has huntable, wild bobwhite quail coveys for the 1st time in 15 years and hunting is available at $2,500 per gun for Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning, depart at noon Sunday. 6,000' runway at Cotulla airport, rental cars available. Minimum 4 hunters, maximum 8 hunters. Comfortable lodging, meals and dog holding facilities on one of the most celebrated and renowned South Texas hunting ranches.
Texas Bird Hunting
- South Texas Dove, Quail and Rio Grande Turkey
Covert Cattle Company offers weekend and weekday South Texas bird hunts,
including dove, quail and turkey hunting. The Covert Ranch specializes
in corporate and business entertainment in a wholesome family
- Whitewing & Mourning Dove Hunting
- Wild Bobwhite Quail
- Spring Rio Grande Turkey Hunting
You can hunt these swift, acrobatic birds over fields, brush thickets,
waterholes or traditional flyways, to make your Texas turkey or quail hunting
experience unique. Whether you come for a family hunt, a trip with old friends
or a corporate gathering for clients and high-performance employees, the Covert
Ranch provides an adventure where lifelong memories are made.
TERMS: 50% non-refundable deposit required to book your bird hunting trip, first come – first served. Includes comfortable lodging. Hunt fees must be paid in full in advance of your hunt, all by Labor Day. Prices may change without notice. All hunting fees are non transferable and cannot be rescheduled nor postponed to a later season.
- DOVE – 2 days, for 4 up to 20 hunters, self-guided, shotgun only, state limits apply - $800.00 per hunter
- QUAIL – $2,500.00 per gun for Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning, depart noon Sunday. Lodging, meals and dog holding facilities. Minimum 4 hunters, maximum 8 hunters.
- RIO GRANDE TURKEY – $900.00 for two days for one bird with lodging, paid in advance, $450 for second bird, $450 for additional day, paid in cash at the ranch, hunts are self-guided; shotgun or bow only, limit 2 birds - per hunter.
- ALL BIRD HUNTS (Including dove, quail and turkey hunting) – Non-hunting companions - $250.00 each
Professional guides are available to make your Texas quail, turkey or
dove hunting experience both successful and comfortable. Hunting videos,
dog kennel, game cleaning setup, taxidermy referrals, cold storage and
ice machines on site. We can be your next Executive Conference Center
and Retreat site.
Covert Ranch has some of the best dove hunting in South Texas due to the
abundance of feed, cover and water on the ranch. There is a large
population of resident birds due to the ideal conditions and thus, your
hunt is less likely to be affected by the weather. While booking groups
of four hunters or more, the ranch can also provide hospitality and
lodging for groups of up to 15-20 hunters at one time.
Over the past 10 years, widespread climate and habitat changes have
occurred in northern Mexico, causing huntable numbers of white winged
dove to migrate into South Texas, joining good populations of mourning
Join your friends or business associates and come enjoy South Texas
dove hunting at its best. And after the evening hunt, sit around the
fire ring and enjoy a cool libation and cigar while dinner slowly
simmers on the coals of a mesquite wood fire.
Get your Texas Hunting License fees and information:
800-792-1112, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department,